Location: Memphis, TN
Under the direct supervision of the Director Fire and Safety, we are seeking to hire an energetic, dynamic and experienced Associate Direct of Fire and Safety who wants to work in a fast-paced highly collaborative environment as an integral part of the Olymbec Fire and Safety team. This position deals with a diverse group of important tenants as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. The Associate Director of Fire and Safety is responsible in part for the fire prevention and safety activities for Olymbec USA properties located throughout the United States. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- The Associate Director of the Fire Safety Department in collaboration with the Director of Fire and Safety, will be responsible for two main areas of fire safety for the U.S. portfolio:
- Fire & Safety
- Alarm & intrusion systems
- Ensure enforcement of municipal fire prevention by-laws, the National Fire Codes and other applicable codes and standards by assigning staff and contractors to carry out these duties
- Coordinate the inspections of premises by enforcing municipal fire prevention by-laws, the National Fire Codes in the USA and other applicable codes, standards and statutes, and the examination of building plans for compliance with applicable codes and standards
- Maintain a team that performs preventive maintenance on fire safety equipment, such as compressors, sprinkler systems, portable fire extinguishers and other fire protections devices to ensure conformance to fire and safety standards
- Works with different fire safety representatives regarding fire inspections and corrective measures needed to conform to the inspection results
- Take corrective action as needed to conform to the fire inspection reports.
- Acts to enforce site fire protections standards
- Responsible for providing timely response to inquiries from Fire Departments and other organizations
- Prepares reports
- Responsible for implementing fire safety and fire prevention plans
- Supervise testing and inspection of all fire extinguishers, hoses, hydrants and other fire safety equipment
- Coordinate testing of fire alarm systems and keep logs
- Responsible for working with multiple suppliers to receive quotes for materials and labor related to fire safety work that needs to be performed
- Conduct fire drills
- Help prepare and manage an annual budget for the Chief Technology Officer
- Create and maintain a record system and file all required reports with appropriate agencies
- Develop and administer business and information systems related to fire prevention programs and activities
- Manage installation & maintain Olymbec ’s fire and safety systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This position has supervisory responsibility overseeing Olymbec USA’s fire and safety team.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
- Involves work with a general office nature usually performed sitting such as computer related work
- With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, tenants, staff and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area
- May be required to work overtime without advanced notice
- Required ability to multitask
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly to communicate with employees, vendors and tenants, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Post-secondary graduation from Building Construction, Engineering, Fire Protection Technology or a similar program with a minimum 5 years progressive experience in Fire Prevention or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with fire safety systems design, purchasing, installation and maintenance
- Proven supervisory skills and ability to direct, evaluate and effectively manage staff.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills required including the ability to establish effective working relationships and provide quality customer service.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn fire inspection and safety operations, and procedures for multiple regions
- Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions
- Ability to manage a team of diverse office & road crew performing different tasks with different priorities.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organizations
- Ability to write and maintain routine correspondence, including emergency procedures, logs and reports.
- Good organization skills including documentation of all fire safety systems and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Must be willing to travel.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must have a valid driver’s license and passport.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com