Electricien Apprentice 1 or 2
Olymbec is looking for an electrician (app 1 or 2) to join our Fire Protection department.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working under the supervision of the Director of Safety and Fire Prevention and the Coordinator.
- Perform installation, programming, verification, inspection and maintenance of security, fire alarm, communicator, emergency lighting, gas detection system according to current ULC and CNB standards.
- Produce reports following the inspection.
- Read and understand plans, specifications, drawings, installation manuals and service manuals.
- Repair and service intrusion systems.
- Program components and start up the system.
- Check the system and its components.
- Provide technical expertise at problematic events;
- Identify any anomalies or recommendations as per current standards;
- Respond to emergency service calls (evening and night on rotation);
- Make updates and repairs to alarm signs.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS REQUIRED:
Training and experience:
- DEP in Security System Installation and Maintenance (CCQ - Code 222) or have a degree in Electronics or equivalent from a recognized college or university or have a documented and proven professional competence or equivalent
- College Certificate in Fire Prevention an asset;
- Knowledge of software related to security system programming
- Be skilled with new industry technologies
- Spoken and written bilingualism;
- Knowledge of Mircom, Bosch systems considered an asset;
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 70 lbs (31 kg) and climb ladders and scaffolds
- Knowledge of the National Building Code, National Fire Code, ULC and its updates
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent