Location: Memphis, TN
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Olymbec owns and manages a diverse portfolio of industrial, office, retail, and residential properties located throughout Canada and the United States. Headquartered in Montréal, Olymbec is now one of the largest private industrial real estate holders in Eastern Canada with branch offices located in key markets across Québec and the United States including; Trois-Rivières, Sherbrooke, Québec City, Dallas, Dayton, Omaha, Columbus, Atlanta, Las Vegas, St. Louis, Memphis, Hartford, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Clarksburg, WV.
Under the direct supervision of our Maintenance Manager, we seek to hire a reliable and experienced Plumber to join our growing team. The successful candidate must be a team player. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Basic measuring;
- Sink repairs;
- Toilet rebuilds (wall and floor mount);
- Flush valve rebuilds;
- Experience with threading pipe;
- Gas piping and testing a plus;
- Knowledge of Code is a plus;
- Reports to Plumbing Supervisor and Maintenance Manager;
- Ensures that the jobs performed are done in a cost-effective, safe and efficient manner;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and effective organizational and problem solving skills;
- Ability to develop cooperative working relationships with other team members;
- Willing to get dirty;
- Flexible and adaptable to unforeseen circumstances;
- Task oriented;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Detail oriented.
Some travel is required. Most travel is local to the Memphis area.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
Successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- This job requires working in commercial spaces including but not limited to industrial, warehouse, and office environments.
- This position will require working indoors and outdoors in various climate conditions ranging from very hot to very cold with rain to very hot and humid. This may include confined locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly requires sitting, walking, bending, and lifting for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Able to handle or feel objects and use tools and equipment and must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, climbing and crawling.
- Must have command of all five senses sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- The ideal candidate will have two years’ experience doing plumbing service work. 75% of this job consists of plumbing service work, 25% is new construction.
Typical workweek is forty (40) hours per week. Work hours are from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. During peak times and seasonal extreme weather-related events, position may require long hours.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be able to legally work in the United States.
OLYMBEC USA is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy), citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All of our employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
OLYMBEC USA also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, we will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If you believe you need an accommodation, refer any such request to your supervisor. We will also, where appropriate, provide reasonable accommodations for an employee's religious beliefs or practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.