Location: Memphis, TN
Reports to Construction Manager
The Project Manager - Construction, position plans, directs, coordinates or budgets, usually through estimator and foremen, activities concerned with overseeing the building of a construction project from beginning to end. Duties including hiring laborers and negotiating contracts. Participates in the development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation. Qualified candidates will have extensive construction management experience. They must possess the knowledge and experience to interact professionally with the design team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the project from award to completion, including solicitation of proposals from contractors, sub contractors/vendors through final walk-thorough and closeout.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with supervisors and foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site foremen to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Work with dispatcher to assign workers to construction sites to work on specified projects.
- Communication Proficiency
- Mathematical Skills
- Mechanical Knowledge
- Project Management
- Teamwork Orientation
Influences others work.
This job operates in a professional office environment and in outside weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel 50% of the time required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- At least 5 years experience as a project manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or trade school training.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be able to legally work in the United States.
OLYMBEC USA is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy), citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All of our employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
OLYMBEC USA also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, we will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If you believe you need an accommodation, refer any such request to your supervisor. We will also, where appropriate, provide reasonable accommodations for an employee's religious beliefs or practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.