Location: Atlanta, GA
Location: Atlanta, GA
Olymbec owns and manages a diverse portfolio of industrial, office, retail, and residential properties located throughout Canada and the United States. Olymbec’s Global headquarters are located in Montreal, QC and the U.S. Headquarters are in Memphis, TN. Olymbec is located in key markets across the United States including; Dayton, Dallas, Columbus, Atlanta, Las Vegas, St. Louis, Memphis, Hartford, Indianapolis and West Virginia.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Property Manager and Assistant Property Manager we seek to hire an energetic, dynamic and experienced HVAC technician who is also willing to work on some general building maintenance. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced highly collaborative environment with team members who support, encourage and are committed to providing excellent service to our tenants. The ideal candidate is responsible for performing highly diversified tasks to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and maintenance systems and processes.
- Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems;
- Knowledge of chillers, boilers, air handlers, and HVAC systems;
- EPA universal refrigerant handling license preferred;
- Knowledge of pneumatics preferred;
- Perform required repairs in a timely manner;
- Perform installation of new equipment when necessary;
- Perform repair or general Maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and painting;
- Performing minor repairs and troubleshooting locks, and doors;
- Responsible for completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned;
- Complete make-ready process of vacant spaces;
- Schedule and compete “Preventative Maintenance Program”
- Monitor and maintain building systems;
- Changing filters;
- On call after hours for HVAC or other building emergencies
- Ability to use various power and hand tools
- Should follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Team player
- Basic measuring
- Knowledge of code a plus
- Task oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to get dirty
- General Maintenance
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- This job requires working in commercial spaces including but not limited to industrial, warehouse, and office environments.
- This position will require working indoors and outdoors in various climate conditions ranging from very hot to very cold with rain to very hot and humid. This may include confined locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly requires sitting, walking, bending, and lifting for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Able to handle or feel objects and use tools and equipment and must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, climbing and crawling.
- Must have command of all five senses sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force
- Must be able to use a ladder
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Trade school preferred
- The ideal candidate will have minimum (5) five years experience doing general maintenance work in a commercial space.
- Clean driving record
- Clean criminal history
- Ability to work independently
Typical workweek is forty (40) hours per week. Work hours are from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. During peak times and seasonal extreme weather-related events, position may require longer hours.
Must be willing to travel to various properties within the state of Ohio.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be able to legally work in the United States.
OLYMBEC USA is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy), citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All of our employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
OLYMBEC USA also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, we will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If you believe you need an accommodation, refer any such request to your supervisor. We will also, where appropriate, provide reasonable accommodations for an employee's religious beliefs or practices.